Summer Experience for Students
Coriell Institute invites a limited number of motivated students to participate in a Summer Experience program to gain insight into the workings of a renowned research institute.
The internship-like program runs during the month of July (and into the first week of August), Tuesday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. The 2013 Experience will begin on Tuesday, July 9, and end on Friday, August 2.
Student interns rotate through various laboratories and departments, including Cell Culture, Molecular Biology, Cytogenetics, Biobanking, and Communications and Development. A stipend of $1,000 is awarded to each student upon their completion of the program.
Students interested in the program must:
- Be at least 17 years of age by July 1;
- Have a strong interest in science (advanced science classes are preferred);
- Be available to participate in all four weeks of the program.
Apply for the 2013 Coriell Summer Experience
During the first quarter of 2013, submit a resume and cover letter that illustrates your interest in the sciences by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail, addressed to:
Coriell Institute Summer Experience Program – HR
403 Haddon Avenue
Camden, NJ 08103
All resumes must be received by April 1, 2013.
- No walk-ins or telephone calls, please.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by Monday May, 20, 2013. If you do not hear from Coriell by this date, we hope you will return to our website for future opportunities at Coriell.
Giving to Coriell
As a non-profit institute, Coriell is fortunate to be engaged in several federally-funded awards. However, we rely on private philanthropy for our more cutting-edge, independent research. Thank you for supporting science!